Monday, November 24, 2008

Slacker Tour

My parents have discovered Netflicks and as a result they've gone to town with the liberal-leaning documentaries. The latest we enjoyed (while slurping down some of Mom's amazing Matzo ball soup) was Michael Moore's "Slacker Uprising". I missed this flick the first time round as I was studying abroad in France during the 2004 elections, so I'd been unaware of the call-to-action Moore had pursued. I'll admit that my generation has always been incredibly apathetic, so I thought Uprising's premise was a hoot! Moore toured college campuses across America prior to the 2004 election, promising clean undies and ramen noodles to students previously "too lazy" to vote! While several Republicans tried to claim this was a form of bribery (I mean who wouldn't want clean undies and some delicious Ramen) Moore persevered and motivated students to head to the polls to try to get Bush outta the WH. Unfortunately even promises of fresh tighty-whiteys wasn't enough...

What I also found very interesting was noting the differences in campaign styles from 2004 til today.

No comments: